Being young, life is a difficult thing to figure out. Actually, I shouldn't limit that to being young because it's possible at any age to be unsure of what is going on. "Why is this so confusing?" "What am I supposed to do?" "What is my purpose?" These are all questions that I have once asked myself just like many others out there.
In the last year, I have made it my mission to answer these questions. More than that, I have made it a point to be the best version of me! The best part is that there is more room for growth. I'll always be striving to be the best version of myself.
Truth be told, there will never be one universal answer because everyone is different and unique. However, I can shed some light on steps that I have taken to find my answers and steps that I encourage anyone reading this to bring into their lives. There's no age bracket for self-discovery, give these a run through.
10 Steps to Becoming You
- Read. It doesn't have to be a book, but read something for understanding each day.
- Take your chances. You never know until you try.
- Be in the moment. PUT THE PHONE DOWN.
- Each day, step back to appreciate at least one thing that is so strikingly beautiful that you may not notice otherwise. (Example: Rain on the ocean... I mean how cool is that?)
- "Remove the superfluous buns..." (Quote from Father of the Bride. LOL) What I mean is: Who are you without your material possessions? Who are you when you first wake up in the morning? Who are you without your job?
- Love and love a lot. You'd be surprised how much love you can give; don't be stingy with it!
- You get what you give! Put in the effort, always.
- Remember your roots.
- Meditate. Pray. Worship. Whatever it is that gives you hope and fuels your faith; do that more often.
- Do something that is greater than just for the sake of yourself.
It might not be easy, but it will be well worth it to give these things a shot! Got advice that is similar? Let me know in the comments below!
Photography and makeup by Jacqueline Guelli.
Styling by me!
Pants; Zara. Shirt; boutique. Sandals; Capri, Italy. Necklace; Trend Tribe.