The new trend is to have shaggy rugs at the bottom of your sleeves! Just kidding, but I couldn't help but come up with several different purposes of what I could use these bad boys for besides wearing them! I found this sweater from an artisan who actually uses old sweaters to make other things like gloves, hats etc. When I saw this one, I fell in love! So happy she didn't cut it up! I paired it with high-waisted raw hem blue jeans and my fabulous maroon booties. It was freezing the other day when we took these pictures so I made sure to layer a long sleeve under the sweater and bring my trusty faux leather bomber jacket!
For the hair, I wanted it to be as whimsical as the sweater, so I created this braided basket 'do. How you do it? It's very simple! Give these steps a try:
- Start with your hair parted in the middle (so the braids are even).
- Next on one side, start at the top of your head with three strands and weave them as if you were going to do a braid inside out, starting with the center strand.
- Next add more hair to create a inside out french (or a dutch braid).
- Tie at the bottom and pull the braid to make it look thicker by holding the base and tugging on each rung of the braid.
- Undo the tie and secure with bobby pins to the back of your head.
- Do the same for the other side and place that braid above or beneath the one you already have placed.
- Bobby pin like crazy and tuck in the ends into the "basket"
There you have it!! This took me a little practice to learn, but once I got it down, it only took about 10 minutes! It would be amazing for prom, a cocktail party or even a day where you just feel like doing something different with your hair:)
Jeans; Citizens of Humanity ($250). T-shirt; Calypso St. Barth ($95). Sweater; thrifted ($10). Jacket; Forever 21 ($30). Shoes; Steve Madden ($100).
All photography done by Molly Quinn Photography!!